Friday, February 19, 2010

Colt M16 Experience

Woke up at 0430 for the shooting session yesterday(I'm late)... Our bus left at 0500 and I slept straight away... When I woke up, I saw a familiar surrounding~ I'm on MRR2, 5 minutes from home... Our bus then continued to the Sg Besi army camp.

Unfortunately, cameras are not allowed. So no photos are shot. The atmosphere during the shooting sessions reminds me of CNY... The smell of gun powder and the sound of the M16 and the heat from the sun... The 'bang' is, out of expectation, quite soft... It was even softer than real fire crackers... (reminds me of 2007 5A's 'fire cracker, fire cracker, boom boom boom') The recoil, is also a lot less than expected... It only felt like someone pushing your shoulders... We were disappointed when we found out that we'll only be shooting 20 bullets instead of the 30 promised by the government... It's not hard to aim at the target... But then no one knows where their bullet went as there were no signs of bullet hitting the target... Anyway, the bullet is just 5.56mm in diameter... After 20 bullets, hmmm~ 74/100... not bad for a newbie...

The trainers wanted some performance from the Chinese for the Open Day on (I don't know when)... So they chose around ten girls, five chinese and five malays to practise the traditional chinese fan dance... There's a problem, none of them had performed fan dance before... In the end, me and two of my others friends was chosen to 'guide' them... I wonder how the performance will look like. It's quite weird to see three chinese male teaching ten girls how to dance... XD

Time's running out, going to cut my 1cm-long-hair in a few moments... Looking forward to receive my phone tonight~