Thursday, April 30, 2009

我的白老鼠 - My Albino Rat

Content may cause discomfort.

DSC_9449

My rat, unconscious, after being dumped into a pail filled with chloroform.

Bio practical. We’re supposed to study about the structure of mammals…

Last week teacher said we’re going to dissect HAMSTER… She somehow got us some rats, one per person…

DSC_9439 I covered my rat with more chloroform before opening it up, just to really kill my rat… It will be a nightmare for both of us if he wakes up while I’m removing his testicles…

DSC_9455

Poor rat…

DSC_9457 Teacher demo-ing the first steps… (Someone didn’t pin his/her rat well…)

DSC_9460

This is the last photo of him, intact…

DSC_9462 Right after opening up the skin… All organs still in place…

DSC_9465 We have to measure the length of the rat’s intestine. Mine my rat’s intestine is 73cm long… Some others measure up to 1.1 meter… Spaghetti… Yum Yum…

DSC_9468

Kacau a lil bit… Finding the hepatic portal vein…

DSC_9469 Cut off most of its rib cage to show its beating heart… About one hour since he died… His heart is still beating because the oxygen level still can support his heart… I counted… It is beating 180 bpm… Faster than mine… All the other organs are out of place… Time to dump…

DSC_9473

Bye…